Terms and conditions of sale
Refunds and Exchanges
1. Once the purchase process is complete, tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged to an alternative performance.
2. If a show has sold out, the Box Office may be able to re-sell tickets and offer a credit voucher minus a small administration charge. In order for tickets to be accepted by resale, they must be returned to the Box Office no later than 24 hours before the performance start time.
3. Refunds will not be issued due to poor weather conditions unless an event is formally cancelled. If you wish to check that an event is going ahead prior to starting your journey, please contact the Box Office on 01722 434434.
4. Discounts and concessions must be applied at the time of booking and cannot be applied retrospectively, please ask at the time of booking.
5. City Hall reserves the right to introduce special offers at any time. Discounts and concessions vary from one performance to another.
Online Booking Fees
6.Please note a £2 fee per transaction applies to all online sales. Our internet sales are hosted by an external organisation and the transaction fee covers the cost of providing an internet service.
This fee is in addition to any booking fees set by the promoter of the show.
City Hall Admission
7. City Hall management reserves the right to refuse admission to ticket holders who have purchased tickets via secondary or unauthorised sale.
8. The use of camera, camcorders, video mobiles and audio equipment is prohibited.
9. Latecomers to performances will not be admitted until a suitable break, which may not be until the interval.
10. City Hall reserves the right to refuse admission to ticket holders if, in the reasonable opinion of the venue management, admission of the holder to the venue might be a threat to the safety of the audience and/or the holder and/or the running of the performance/event and/or undermine the enjoyment of the audience, such as the holder appears to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or is acting aggressively.
11. City Hall reserves the right to request that a ticket holder leaves the premises if the ticket holder is acting in a way that in the reasonable opinion of the venue management causes the safety of the audience and/or the holder to be compromised.
12. City Hall reserves the right to make any changes whatsoever in the performance/event owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause whereupon customers will be offered a refund if the change is such as to completely alter the nature of the performance.
13. City Hall reserves the right to cancel or abandon the performance/event for reasons beyond its control whereupon notification will be given to the customer at the earliest opportunity together with an offer of a refund subject, in case of abandonment, to the amount of any refund being dependant on the stage of the performance when it was abandoned.
Bookings of 10 or more tickets
City Hall reserves the right the refuse the purchase of more than 10 tickets for selected shows. Most commonly this will apply to performances by comedians.
For further information, please contact the Box Office on 01722 434434.
For more information about accessibility, please click here