Ticket Office opening times
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday 9am – 4.30pm
The Ticket Office closes later on performance nights.
Ticket Office: 01722 434434
We accept all major cards except American Express. Tickets can be posted to you for £1.00 or held at the Ticket Office for collection.
Book online: here
Tickets purchased online, will incur a £1.50 per ticket transaction fee. Our internet sales are hosted by an external organisation and the transaction fee covers the cost of providing an internet service.
This fee does not apply to bookings made in person or via the telephone.
Book by post: City Hall, Malthouse Lane, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 7TU.
Enclose details of your booking and payment. Please allow seven working days for cheques to clear before tickets can be issued. If you would like your tickets posted to you please add £1 or enclose a stamped, SAE.
Cheque Payments need to be made payable to Wiltshire council.
Tickets can be reserved for four working days but will automatically be released if not paid for by 4pm on the last working day.
Reserve tickets via email: Send your name, address and details of the tickets you wish to reserve to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not transmit credit/debit card details through the email system, as not all internet connections are secure. We will email you with your reservation details.
We regret that we are unable to make or hold reservations on the day of the performance or for unreserved events.
Children under the age of two years are permitted to sit on the parents/grandparents lap and no ticket purchase is necessary. A ticket must be purchased for children aged two years upwards.
Terms and conditions of sale
Key terms and conditions are below, for the full list please click here
Refunds and Exchanges
1. Once the purchase process is complete, tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged to alternative performance.
2. If a show has sold out, the Ticket Office may be able to re-sell tickets and offer a credit voucher minus a small administration charge. In order for tickets to be accepted by resale, they must be returned to the Ticket Office no later than 24 hours before the performance start time.
3. Backstage members can receive a credit voucher for tickets they can no longer use, providing they are returned to the Ticket Office at least 5 working days before the event.
4. Refunds will not be issued due to poor weather conditions unless an event is formally cancelled. If you wish to check that an event is going ahead prior to starting your journey, please contact the Ticket Office on 01722 434434.
5. Discounts and concessions must be applied at the time of booking and cannot be applied retrospectively, please ask at the time of booking.
6. City Hall reserves the right to introduce special offers at any time. Discounts and concessions vary from one performance to another.
City Hall Admission
7. City Hall management reserves the right to refuse admission to ticket holders who have purchased tickets via secondary or unauthorised sale.
For further information, please contact the Ticket Office on 01722 434434.
For more information about accessibility, please click here